Job: Quality Engineer, full time
Location: Work to be performed remotely in any Continental US time zone, including Canada
To apply: Interested candidates, please complete this questionnaire.
Neurodiverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Founded by two MIT engineers in 2013, Ultranauts is an onshore quality engineering firm powered by high performing, cognitively diverse teams. We offer a broad suite of software and data quality services with specialized capabilities in test automation for software and data pipelines, advanced analytics, and accessibility. Ultranauts has been named a Fast Company World Changing Idea, MIT SOLVE Challenge winner and Interbrand Breakthrough Brand, and our clients include a wide range of F500 enterprises, cutting edge technology companies, and top-tier digital agencies.
Ultranauts helps clients develop strategies to build quality into their processes and pipelines to enhance business value, and our quality engineering teams deliver manual and automated tests for new development, data management and data science.
Key Position Benefits
- The chance to work with talented and motivated colleagues
- The opportunity to contribute to a fast-growing, innovative, mission-driven company
- A flexible work environment designed so everyone can thrive
- Opportunity to work with new technologies and cloud services
- Design, build, execute, and maintain automated tests to ensure products meet defined functional requirements
- Conduct peer reviews of automated test scripts
- Review automated test results to verify functional and technical requirements
- Support manual QA testing efforts in conversion of manual test cases to automated
- Work effectively and collaboratively within your team, participating in daily Scrum/agile and other meetings
- Communicate frequently and openly with supervisor(s) and team members
- Demonstrate consistent attendance and punctuality
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of QA automation testing/SDET experience or 5 years of software development experience, including conducting peer code reviews
- Experience with test case design, test procedure development, test execution, system evaluation and test reporting
- Experience with source control tools such as Git
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a remote, team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Automated testing concepts and tools such as Selenium, Cucumber
- Testing web applications using CSS selectors and XPath
- Testing web services and APIs, including REST-based services using serialization formats such as JSON and/or XML, or tools such as Postman, Newman, REST Assured
- Test-driven development and/or CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Agile workplace environments
- Mentoring developers and test automation engineers on best practices in automated testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or related field
- More than one programming-related college course (e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field) preferred
To apply:Interested candidates, please complete this questionnaire.